Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Windfall

I'm sitting in my pyjamas, listening to the thunder, planning where to put away all my junk now that it has finally arrived, and daydreaming about future road trips. In fact I'm getting so excited about the upcoming days, I am already forgetting about the super-fantastic Saturday we just enjoyed.

My boyfriend spent a considerable amount of time chatting up these guys.
First, we returned to the farmer's market to learn that it was also Founders Day. This meant even more market stalls than last week (your usual trinkets and Avon dealers, plus some unique finds - the handcrafted wooden birdhouse shaped like a moose was my favourite) as well as people dressed up and doing historical things (some civil war re-enactors, and Victorian dancers.) The civil war guys wanted to outfit me in a hoop skirt and a bustle.

After that, we noticed it was getting nice and hot so it was time to refresh at Seven Falls. Maybe it wasn't so cooling, as we first climbed hundreds of stairs and then hiked to "Inspiration Point" but it was beautiful. Worth $9? Definately!

Colorado Springs is off in the distance!

Our farmer's market finds. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment