Thursday, August 11, 2011

Food!

The most delicious activity we did on the weekend was visit the Old Colorado City Farmer's Market.

It's every Saturday from 7 am to 1 pm, and I can't wait to go again this weekend. For $9 we got a basket each of tomatoes, zucchini, and yellow squash, and some crazy awesome cinnamon honey for another $6. And this being the south (or is it middle?), there were all kinds of salsas and tamales for sale. I haven't ventured into the world of tamales again here, since discovering that they aren't all corn filled like I originally thought and was surprised with one full of beef!

The other awesomely yummy thing about the farmer's market is that it's situated across the street of my favourite non-franchised coffee place in Colorado Springs. Although I have yet to check it out while they have performers.

My next food related task? Find out more about the green chili and make a vegetarian version.

No comments:

Post a Comment