Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Starbucks

That's right, I said it! When I initially learned of Starbucks, I wasn't too crazy about it, thinking their coffees tasted funny, and preferring my own Canadian Second Cup and Tim Hortons. However, the company has grown on me over time. Now I've had Starbucks beverages in 3 of the following 4 countries:
  • Canada
  • The United States
  • England
  • Peru
If you're thinking the 3rd country was England, no dice... it was Peru! Is consuming Starbucks in different countries the yuppie equivalent to having McDonald's all over Europe as I did when I was 23?

Nonetheless, since arriving in Colorado Springs, and probably until my coffee maker arrives (hopefully unscathed) I begin my weekdays with a 15 minute walk downhill, followed by a coffee at Starbucks (it's cheaper if you bring your own cup!) and some people watching. This morning there was a Venus Flytrap on my table.

No comments:

Post a Comment